Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My daddy is 69 years young

Dad turned 69 on Friday.
Thursday night I got off work and decided to make a surprise trip to see him!! I LOVE the love when my visit is a surprise :)
Mom made friend chicken & funeral potatoes (oh yes, be jealous! It was superb!) and then it was gift time!!


Can you tell he loves it??
Since it was the day before Dad's actual birthday there was no cake or ice cream, so I'm glad I brought little mini cupcakes for us to sing over.


Conner was out in the other room, so we had a do-over just for him. Such a sweet boy!! I wonder how different our family would be if he hadn't come to ours...


After all the festivities Weston, Kayla, Chris and I went for a midnight swim!! The stars were spectacular and we saw tons of shooting stars... little did we know it was actually the meteor shower!
Back at home we stayed up till all hours of the night reminiscing and catching up. A good night indeed! At the stroke of midnight we pounded on the bathroom door and yelled "Happy Birthday Dad!!" I'm sure he was a little startled, but we couldn't help it!!
The next morning I had a check in at noon so I left around 10:30, but not after having a fun breakfast in the dark cause the power was out!! Now that I think back on it I wish I'd made bread & milk w/ jam in it instead of having cold cereal. Oh well, there's always next time.
Love you Dad!!! Happy birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment