Thursday, January 27, 2011

My life changed

I held a dear friend's hand as he passed away. He was surrounded by family, yet I was the one asked to hold his hand.
All the griping and complaining I have done about having my practicum placement at a hospice flew out the window.
I was, and am, truly grateful for the knowledge and training I have, that I could competently answer his family's questions when they looked to me, which they did multiple times.
I never imagined myself in this situation, and now I look back over the last few years of my life, the decisions I have made, the changes that have happened and where my path has led me and I truly see the Lord's hand in all things.
Not only does He know me, He knows what is ahead of me. He knows the things I need to accomplish to make me stronger for harder battles. He knows my weaknesses, and places people in my path to help me grow stronger. He is aware of my temperament and has given me the wonderful opportunity to work with those less fortunate than I, and He knows how this has greatly blessed my life.
Knowing my friend is in a better place, walking, running, and talking without struggle gives me a sense of pure joy.
I am so fortunate to have been born and raised in the gospel. I am grateful for the knowledge and beliefe I have of the Atonement and for eternal families.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! What a touching experience Alisha. Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete