Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chickens, camels, and pigs! Oh my!!!

You know, you wouldn't think Oklahoma would be so exciting, but let me tell you - it is. You wanna know why it is so exciting? Because they have State Fairs (granted, there is a State Fair in every state, but I've just never been able to go before) where you see huge horses, tiny pigs, chickens hatching out of eggs, and life-cycles of butterflies! Ok, so maybe it's not that exciting, but guess what is? RIDING A CAMEL!!!! That's right, I paid $5 to ride a big, soft camel named Tantor around a ring 3 times, and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!


Never in my life did I think I would ever ride a camel... and now I have! In Oklahoma. Also, this guy captured my attention and heart as soon as I saw him. *sigh*

No, not the farmer you sickos, the pig!!! He sure did squeal like he thought the Grim Reaper was coming after him, but he finally settled down once he was with his mama and 16 brothers and sisters. That's right, that mama pig had 17 babies. Can you even imagine!?!?

Did I ever mention that I went fishing? Well I did, and this is us fishing.


And this is my new best friend out here, Megan. Seriously, you would be so lucky to meet her!


And this, this is the view of our little fishing hole. Gorgeous right!? I stood in that little patch of mud all night and caught 8 fish. That's right, 8. And they were accidental too. I didn't even want to catch anything. Still though, it was a super fun experience that I hope to repeat in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment