Sunday, March 11, 2012

Do you see this book? The pages are raged and torn; the cover is falling off. this is a well used book.  This book is a GREAT child hood memory. We would all sit around the book and look at the pictures. It was great to see all the amazing things that God has created. As time went on rules and adventures began. you had to be very carefull of how you turned the pages. As you can see I still follow the rules on page turning.  

If you touched one of the pictures then what ever you touched would spray you, swarm around you and eat your hand or some other creepy demise. I have no idea who came up with the idea, but I can hear perry in my head saying, " Oh no! you touched the skunk it sprayed you now you stink ewww!"

Or " You just got slimed by the yucky mole thing!" (I don't remember being old enough to read what the pictures were actually of. By the time i was old enough i loved the game so much i didn't want to know. The stories we made up were better than real life) 

I think the ants scared me the most. ant bites HURT!

these are some of the pictures of things in the book that scared me to death! If you were not careful enough, the back of your hand or your nuckle would brush a picture as you turned the page. Then an arguement would ensue about if that creature got you or not and would only end with mom saying if we didn't stop she would take the book away. We would continue to argue very quietly for a little bit until some impatient soul would turn the page to a new and wounderful adventure.

Wow! I got a little teary eyed. I miss those times and the love we had for each other and the fun we had together. Who needed friends when the best friends yo could ever have were your brothers and sisters!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks. That Book is awsome. Family is an amazing thing. I hope everyone got called and asked about a memory and wrote it down. This whole thing started with a family history lesson and Christy wanting to hear the story of the headless chicken chasing Twila all around the house. There is a lady in my ward who has a blog that she writes stories all year and then has it printed at the end of the year. I think we should do seething like that here. Have a post string that everyone can post memories on and then we can print it at the end of the year. If everyone posted a story in order once a week each person would only have to post seething every 3 months. My kids sure got a kick out of watching me run around the table, screaming like a little girl, and shaking my arms over my head pretending I was Aunt Twila. :-) We have a great family. Let's pass our joy to the next generation. (even if a laugh or two is at our own expense)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheheheheh Kevan, PLEASE do a re-enactment on Saturday at Chris's!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I don't know that book... but it seems like you guys really liked it. I sure do love our family!!!

    ReplyDelete