Thursday, July 25, 2013

Well hello!!!  As you may or may not know, we are closing in on the 1/2 way point of the pregnancy (19 weeks and 5 days today), so I thought I'd give you a little update.
This is me and our little one!
 This is my belly.  When I was 21 I had a Pulmonary Embolism (a blood clot in my lung), and another in my leg, which very nearly killed me, caused from birth control pills.  Previously unbeknownst to me, pregnancy has a higher amount of some of the same hormones that are in birth control pills, which means that I now have a high risk of getting another blood clot just from being pregnant.  Thankfully we have a High Risk OB close-ish, and the doctors there put me on a medication called Lovenox, which is a preventative dose of blood thinners. The only stinky thing is that I have to take it by injection 2 times a day :(  Ergo the bruised belly.

At our ultrasound today they confiremed that we are having a boy!  We also got to see him kicking and pushing with his little hands, and we saw him yawn!!!!!
 Ok, yes I know it looks like a skeloton and is kinda creepy, but if you imagine skin and lips it's kinda precious!  It was really sweet to see as it happened!!  He was so sleepy that the technician had to keep shaking my belly around to get him to move so she could see all his parts.
And his little profile.  Look at those big lips and teensy nose.  The technician said he has a "beautiful" profile, and the doctor said everything looks great!!!
 We've also been accumulating baby supplies, like this bouncer with a barnyard pattern on it that we got for $5 at a flea market!  The baby might have to battle the cats in order to ever use it.
 Even though I'm usually tired and nauseous, there are some good days thrown in, and on those days, we get to go on adventures!  This past weekend we went to Lawton and hiked around in the Wichita Mountains, where we saw frogs and lizards and bajillions of crickets and giant bees, and freakishly huge millipedes.  We also made it to the very highest peak of Mt. Scott, the highest point in oklahoma... a whopping 2,464 feet.  Then we went to Meers and stuffed our faces with every delicious fried food you can imagine!!!!!  Oh the fried peaches are to die for, I tell you what!!!!!
And just for good measure, the following is just the boys being boys... throwing the biggest rocks they could find into the little hidden river/lake thing we found in the "cliffs".  I may or may not have been hit with one of those rocks that they threw in my direction when they got so excited that they forgot I was there.  Thankfully it was a smaller one and it hit the rocks and shattered behind me so instead of being smacked with a big ole boulder, I was just pelted by what felt like sparks of rocky fire.
So as you can see, we're making progress.  Yippee!!
We're thinking of naming him Merrill Ivan Heddy... and calling him Ivan.

1 comment: