Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Oh happy day!

Upon my awaking this morning I heard a faint tap, tap, tap, tap against my window. The hedge outside our window brushes the glass when the wind blows so I thought nothing of it.

However, after making the bed and walking to another room the tap, tap, tap was more persistent. I felt a flutter and a rush of excitement well up inside me.

"Anthony..." I said timidly... hoping against hope what I was about to ask would not be shattered with a "no".

"Hey Babe" I call a little louder.

"What?"

"Is it raining?"

"Um....." he gets up from the computer and saunters to the window, seemingly in slow motion as I practically dance in anticipation.

"Yeah"

Boy oh boy!!! "I can wear my rain boots?"

Anthony looks at me and sees the distant spark of my childhood returning to my eyes as I gleefully jump up and down and clap my hands. He nods and giggles "yes, you can wear your rain boots."

Good golly, you'd think it was Christmas morning in the Eversole home.

I ran to the closet and chose a sweater I knew would match my rain boots then began getting ready for the day.

I didn't want to get the boots out and have them sit there waiting for me...

After getting dressed and ready I called for Anthony to please bring me my boots.

As I finished applying my mascara my boots seemingly grinned and twinkled at me through the mirrors reflection.

Oh how happy!!

I sat on the piano bench and rushed my socks onto my feet. Then I delicately grasped my left boot gently in my hand and the flood of excitement returned like adrenalin upon your favorite's band ascent to the stage...

On the boots went with my pants tucked in so everyone could see the cuteness!!

I couldn't find my umbrella so we went across to the TSC to buy one. They had some with stripes, some with flowers, some plain... but then I found it.

This adorable red tartan patterned umbrella, sort of like my book bag. I snapped it up and $6.50 later we were a pair!!"

Now I can walk under any tree or through any puddle. Oh yes rain boots and umbrella, you sure do make me happy!!


2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHHA I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cute, Alisha. I love how the boots are propped up, too.

    ReplyDelete