Tuesday, January 19, 2010

If I were a mom...



I'm not a mom, but I think if these were my kids I would have one of two reactions; laughter, or anger... or maybe I would try to be angry but have a hard time because I was laughing so hard inside. Even as I write this I giggle because I'm imagining a different story...


One day, when I was working at Chrysalis in the Day Program we went for a drive to the ice cream store. Everyone was getting out of the car and I told Spring to sit tight and I'd come around to get her out.

I walked around the van, literally taking less than ten seconds, and noticed this funny orange stuff on the passenger side window. I hadn't noticed it before when I had been inside the car, but didn't think much of it because I might have just been too preoccupied with everyone in the back of the van chatting away.

SO, I open the door to get Spring out and I see this

and she looks at me through her left eye as she's keeping the right one squinched shut and goes "eeaaaarrrreeeeaaahhhh" (as she is non-verbal this is her 'hey, I need help right NOW' sound)."

Somehow, in the ten seconds I was out of the car she had found a to go packet of fry sauce and when she squished the package it splattered all over her face.

I shouldn't laugh, but the entire time I was cleaning off her face she was giggling and giggling and kept covering up her face, the way does when she laughs, and the memory of that day just makes me happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment