Sunday, June 13, 2010

Recent happenings

I feel like Anthony & I have dropped off the face of the planet... it seems like we're completely out of touch with everything that is going on!!

This summer has been super busy for both of us.

I'm working at NES with people with developmental disabilities (I was offered a managers position on Friday and was asked to go to the office on Monday to work out the details). I'm also "working" at Alpine Hospice (where I was assigned for my practicum). Summer school begins on Monday, and we're cleaning up the sorority house and getting it ready for Fall semester.

Practicum is going well. I can only count 30 hours throughout the entire summer toward my 240 Fall hours but it's only the beginning of the 6th week and I've already spent 24 hours there, with plans to spend about 10-15 hours a week the remaining 11 weeks of summer... you get out as much as you put in right?
I like it ok so far... I cried after seeing my first patient. To read about what I've done up to this point click here to view our personal blog.

Anthony has been very busy with Utah Festival Opera Company (UFOC) rehearsals. He's in La Traviata, Barber of Seville and Sound of Music... plus other various concerts they put on throughout the summer such as Musica Magnifica and Carnevale Operafesta. I'm not sure if he's signed up or not, but a few of the UFOC artists sing at the Tabernacle here in Logan every Monday at noon if anyone is interested in going. It is free.

On average Anthony spends about 5 hours at rehearsals each day, then practices at home for anywhere from 1-3 hours. As the summer goes on and they get into dress rehearsals, tech rehearsals, sitzprobes and waldelprobes he'll spend even more time at rehearsals, costume fittings, wig and make-up fitting, and so on. It is SUCH a long hard process, but he loves performing and it's all worth it in the end.
To see the production dates, ticket prices, etc. click here. Or the fast route; calendar of events and ticket prices. The nosebleed sears are only $12.oo, the next ones are $29 and the way up to the most expensive at $76.00. There is a discount with "Valid school ID" and there is also a discount through the performers. I'm not exactly sure how that works, so you'll need to contact Anthony. E-mail is the best Eversole.Anthony@gmail.com
This is what Anthony wants to do when he "grows up" and, truthfully, it seems like not a lot of family members support him by coming to the performances. People ask "have you been in any plays recently?" and say good luck from a distance and so on, but not many people come to the performances. He's often sad afterward when he goes to the lobby after changing to greet people... and no one is there for him. I'm not trying to guilt trip anyone and completely realize that children, school, work and so on make things like this more difficult, but just remember a little support in person goes a LONG way with Anthony. Oh, and they're not "plays" they're Operas :)
Anthony is also working the weekend grave shifts at the Best Western Weston Inn. If you need hotel rooms here in Logan talk to him about discounts!!
He's also teaching private voice lessons through the Book Table in his "spare time."

As far as the sorority goes, we get the house to ourselves the entire summer!! If you want to have a camp-out in our huge living room let us know!!
There are 28 girls living here in the Fall... there were only 17 last semester and I was thought I was going to die of estrogen poisoning. I am NOT looking forward to their return. Remind me why we have this job again??? The good news is with more girls we'll be getting an extra $100 a month!!
During the summer we have to inventory EVERYTHING in the house, care for the lawn and yard, clean, organize, do basic maintenance, and so on.
It's been fine so far except the yard is a jungle and the girls are complaining it looks ugly but I am not planning on going outside in the cold and the rain to pull a few dandelions and trim the shrubs. It can be ugly until it's warm outside.

Let's see... what else... next month is our FOURth anniversary (doesn't seem like that long does it?). No, we are not planning on having babies in the immediate future, we're both going to graduate this Spring (if all goes as planned) then we're planning on leaving Utah. Main ideas right now are New York, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma... and some others that I don't remember. The Grad. schools Anthony is looking into are in those areas... I tried to veto Florida but he won't hear it (hello!!! I watch Animal Planet!!! They have creepy amphibians and reptiles there!!)

That's all I have for now, hope you enjoyed our update. (Lovey, if you read this and want to change anything feel free, I don't know if I got all your stuff right!!)

1 comment:

  1. I just had a little mini panic attack when you said you're leaving Utah.....

    ReplyDelete