Wednesday, February 9, 2011

After 26 years of waiting...


I'm engaged!!!! After probably the worst day of the last 2 years, Weston got down on one knee and asked me to marry him *happy sigh* Oh. What's that? You want to know the details? Ok I'll tell you!!!
Like I said, it was a horrible day, what with the car breaking down and being late to meetings and only getting a 90% on an exam, emotional breakdown, venting session to my boss... yeah. Bad. It was Rebecca's 10th birthday and everyone was getting together for ice cream and cake at Twila's at 6:30 and I, being in a horrible mod, decided I didn't want to go. Weston, however, found out about the party from Alisha while we were out at lunch, and said we were going.
I put myself in a good mood (you know, what they say about fake smiling really putting you in a good mood is for reals), and we went to the party. I chatted with my sisters and loved on my cute nieces and nephews while Weston ate cake and ice cream, then I decided it was time to go. I scooted my way through the throngs of people and edged to the door when Weston called me back in. I just hollered back "let's go" and he said "come in here". "I'm already at this door!" I say to which he replies "Come in here". Fine. I scoot back through people to him and as I reach him he raises his voice and announces "Everyone" *my heart starts to pound and I think.... well nothing... because my brain is going SO fast* "Everyone, I talked to Rebecca earlier and she said we could share her special day" (remember we were there celebrating her 10th birthday). Then Weston pulled a little brown box out of his pocket, got down on one knee, and asked "Erica, will you marry me?" I, with hands over my mouth and a look of shock and confused joy on my face whispered "are you for real?" He rolled his eyes and closed the block then opened it again and just looked up at me. Again I repeated "Are you for real!?....yeah" and then the ring slid onto my finger and there was kissing and hugging and I'm not really sure what all else... but I'm happy. And it's beautiful!!!!!!!


Man, it's hard to dip someone!!!! How do boys do it!?



No comments:

Post a Comment