Monday, April 18, 2011

Final Performances

I know it's late notice, but I wanted to inform everyone of my final two performances in Utah.
Tomorrow (Tuesday, 4/19) at 5:30 pm in the USU performance hall I'll be singing a short recital with a soprano. I'll be performing opera arias by Mozart, Rossini, Tchaikovsky, Korngold, and Puccini. I'd love to see anyone that feels like making last minute Tuesday night plans. I know its a school night, so I wont expect too much.

Heres a preview of one of the arias I'll be singing. This is one of my favorite baritones... Dmitri Hvorostovsky.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8zKkvGB7Rw&feature=feedwll

Next Wednesday (4/27) at 7:30 in the Kent Concert Hall is the USU Symphony Orchestra Concerto Evening. Every year the USU music department has a concerto competition department-wide (all students, all instruments) The winners get to perform with the orchestra at the year-end concerto evening concert. This will be my second time winning a spot to perform. This year I'm one of five students chosen to perform (and the only vocalist). I'll be singing 'Largo al factotum' from Rossini's 'The Barber of Seville'.

I know you all know it... you just probably don't know that you know it from the title. It's easily the hardest piece I've ever undertaken, so prayers in my behalf would be appreciated.

Simon Keenlyside... another of my favorites.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOvgeLXYgG8

No comments:

Post a Comment