Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Oklahoma!


Well, after finally receiving all the offers from all the schools where I auditioned, we sat down last night and made a final decision. We'll be moving to Norman, Oklahoma as I begin work on my master's of music in voice at the University of Oklahoma. It was a tough decision to make, but we ended up going to where the money is. I've been offered (and have now accepted) a VERY generous opera fellowship as well as some competition winnings. It should allow us to live quite comfortably for the next two years while Alisha works, possibly pursues her MSW, and while I work towards my masters and potentially a doctorate afterwards.
It was a huge blessing that we received and we are looking forward to this next stage of our lives.
We're not sure exactly when we'll be moving, but come fall Oklahoma will be our new home.
From Aggies to Sooners!

This is the Reynolds Performing Arts Center. A beautiful building which houses the venue for all the opera productions. It's a gorgeous facility. I sang here when I took 3rd place in their scholarship competition.



This is a view of Holmberg Hall. The venue within the Performing Arts Center above. This is a view from the stage. It's a stunning facility and had stunning acoustics for the voice.

Check out our audition trip here.

No comments:

Post a Comment