Thursday, August 11, 2011

I am officially unpacked and moved into my new apartment. Would you like a tour? Of course you would. These are a few snippets of my favorite things.


This is the kitchen table. This is where my roommate and I spend time chatting because, as you can see, this is where her PC is set up and where I can usually find her if she's not at work. This also happens to be the table where I was sitting when a cockroach decided it wanted to share my breakfast.

This is the raid I bought to kill that cockroach, and his aunt and his grandma and his little dog too.

This is our couch, circa 1962ish. Check that baby out! Isn’t it marvelous!? I tell you what though, it was a beast getting it in through the many doorways and entryways!!! And those foot stools! Boy oh boy, they may not be much to look at, but they sure add to the comfort level!

This is the TV that we watch when we sit on the 1962 couch. This baby weights a total of like 25,000 pounds and took 3 people to get it into the apartment.

This is the temperature guage. This is the first time in a week that it has dropped below 81 degrees. In fact, even though it is set at 73 it usually fluctuates between 81 and 85, which is very sad.

It’s a good thing we have these babies on our ceilings, or we might be numbers 12 and 13 to die because of the heat in this state so far this summer.

This is my bedroom, and I don't know what to do with all the space. I'm currently looking into getting a comfy chair or love seat or something to replace the fan.

And check out all my closet space!!! You could fit a twin-sized mattress in there!!! (If you ever come to visit, I guess you know where you're sleeping... I promise I'll keep the door open.)

And for the Pièce de résistance, check out this lamp!!!!! I bought it for a whopping $7 at a flea market in South OKC and think it just might be the best $7 I've ever spent! If they had a dress made like this lamp, I'd... well I'd wear it just for fun for a few minutes, but that's besides the point. Awesome lamp. Awesome!!!


I hope you enjoyed the tour, and I hope it prompted you to want to come visit! The door is always open (figuratively, not literally cause Dad would shoot me if he found out my door was always open).

No comments:

Post a Comment