Monday, February 8, 2010

Oh.. this could have been awkward.


So you see this photo? Well the person in the middle is me (duhduhduh duh!!!), the guy on the left with the bushy hair is Steve, my co-worker who makes me laugh daily, and the other guy with the beanie is Weston. Now, for those of you who may not know, Weston and I dated at the end of the summer/beginning of the school year. We met at training for work and decided we had quite a few things in common. Well, our relationship was quite short lived... 2 weeks maybe, and then it ended in a flood of tears and hurt feelings. The thing is, since we work together we can't exactly get away from each other. And now he has switched his major to... can you guess?... that's right, English Lit. So not only do I seem him at work functions, but class as well. We don't actually have any classes together, but there are certain classrooms that he comes into when I go out and vice versa. We smile and nod to each other and even do an occasional "hey, how you doin?", but that's it.

I was sitting in the office the other night when Courtney, who is on my staff, and Weston's best friend, said she and Weston talked about me the other day. He evidently wishes things weren't so awkward between us. So I immediately picked up and texted "Hey. You're lame" to his phone. He texted his unbelief and confusion back, and over the course of 15 minutes or so we decided that we no longer want to be awkward with each other because.... well, we're both pretty awesome (or pretend to be), and could have a lot of fun together if we were friends.

Well, what's the best way to shatter awkwardness with someone? To hang out together. So when some members of my staff went bowling on Friday I invited Weston along. It ended up being 2 guys and 2 girls. But instead of looking like a date, it looked like a Junior High dance with boys on one side and girls on the other. We all spent the night playing tricks on each other, stepping on the foul line of the current winner, and stealing each other's balls. Thorough entertainment. Then we all watched Moulin Rouge and The Little Mermaid together. Classics!!! Weston sat on the couch with Ashley and I lay on the floor with Steve. Well, not with Steve, but near Steve. We had pillows between us.

So, awkwardness dissolved! Hooray! Let's just hope we can keep it up...

No comments:

Post a Comment