Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bab Animal Days, Washington State and The News



A little over a month ago I took Abbie to "Baby Animal Days" at the Heritage Farm. I was a little skeptical because I was afraid it would be the animals we see on our drive to Laketown. But it turned out to be wonderful. Abbie rode a horse (she asked specifically that I add the horse photo), held or pet lots of different animals like chickens, ducks, a baby turtle, baby goats, lambs, cows, rabbits, etc. My favorite were the rabbits. No other children were around and this lady was holding 2 little rabbits. So Abbie walked up and snuggled her little nose right up against one of the baby rabbits nose. And the baby rabbit just snuggled right back. It was so adorable.





Benjamin, Abbie, Elaine (Benjamin's sister) and I all went to Washington State the other weekend and had a wonderful time. I finally met Debbie, Benjamin's older sister, and her family. We even talked to John, Debbie's husband via skype who is in Afganistan.

Some of my favorite experiences in Washington was seeing Debbie and John's children's (John, Rachel, Marty, Daniel and Fallon) fort in the midst of the blackberry bushes.

We also went to the "duck park", built a tower that was taller than Daniel and as tall as Marty.

We all had a wonderful family dinner with 2 of Benjamin's uncles and aunts and some of their children and grandchildren. And played in one of the coolest backyards at Uncle Nathaniel and Aunt Cindy's house.

We enjoyed blue sky's and rain. We had great conversations, good food and we came home happy and healthy. =)


OK, last but not least. Benjamin and I found out today what we are having. Yeah!!! It was, of course, exciting. There are many in the family that have not yet written or called or even texted to tell me whether or not you can come to the July 9 - 11th family party at Martin's Cove. So, as soon as you respond to me with a "yes" or "no" I will gladly share our news about our littlest baby. If you know already please don't tell.
We look forward in hearing from each of you. =)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!!!! I told you we should have been picking names for this certain sex.

    ReplyDelete