Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"He gave me butterflies"

Mom and I were sitting at the dinner table the other night waiting for Dad to
come in so we could pray and I asked how she and dad are still together. I mean, for as much as they fight you'd think they'd have gotten divorced long ago. She says their bickering is just habit but that they really do love each other. As dad waddled into the kitchen mom told me about what happened between them on Saturday. She began by saying this: "You know, your dad gave me butterflies in my stomach the other day. He winked at me."
By this time dad had sat down at the table with us and mom started to giggle like a little school girl and looked at him like he was the cheese to her macaroni. I'd have gotten
a little sick at all this showing of affection if it hadn't a been so dang cute!
So of course dad smiles back at hear and says "Now, tell the whole story."
So, evidenty mom had been angry at dad before they reported to work at the temple because he is so stinking
slow at getting ready and leaving on time. But of course once she got to the temple she was ok.
They were both working the veil that night but didn't know it. Mom brings the girl up
and when she knocked it was dad who opened the curtain.
Her eyes got all big and her mouth dropped open a little bit in surprise and then
... then that's when dad winked at her and mom got butterflies.
You shoulda seen them giggle and goo all over from that all the way through dinner.
They sure do love each other!

I guess that was all after a girl accidently stuck dad in the ear with her finger. Too bad it wasn't wet.. though a Wet Willie probably wouldn't be too
appropriate in the temple....

No comments:

Post a Comment