Tuesday, May 18, 2010

California Trip!!!!

So, I really wanted to blog a post about our California trip, but then I remembered I need to do laundry, and then my MacBook battery died, so.... after a 4 minute search for the dang charger and an almost full load of laundry... here we go. Are you excited? Good!

Days 1 and 2

Wyatt picked me up and we drove to Sandy's where we had dinner, roasted marshmallows with GIANT marshmallows inside. That's right, inside on their indoors smore maker thingy.

Then we went to bed. I didn't stir once when the kids were getting ready and going to bed. When I woke up Wyatt was up and ready and talking with Alden so I did the only thing I could think to do... I went and climbed in bed with Sandy, my sister, and we talked for quite a while. We departed and made it to Rio Vista with no troubles. I met Uncle Paul (90) and Marlene (younger than 90 but wouldn't fess up to her age), and loved them instantly! We had dinner and played cards, as Paul is an avid card "shark" I did well the first few rounds... and then they creamed me! But I learned some way sweet games!

Day 3

My phone doesn't work at Uncle Paul's. I almost died having nothing to do after everyone went to bed. I almost started re-reading Oliver Twist. I woke up to a deep rumbling voice saying "well we could always go ring the Rotary Bell to get her out of bed". I stumbled into the living room and grumbled "I'm awake" while everyone giggled at my tired face and bed head as I curled up on the couch and nearly went back to bed.
We had breakfast then went for a swim. I would post photos, but it's bad enough being in a swimming suit without letting the whole woldwide web see. Lol. We swam for over an hour and a half, and Uncle Paul did laps the entire time. man I hope when I get old I'm like him! Then we went golfing... my first experience. Ever.


I was so amazing that... I became the designated golf cart driver.


Then we went to a bar and got pina coladas and say tons of dead animals on the walls, including wolves, a tiger, and an elephant. It's head is bigger than my whole body! After drinks we went to a little restaurant on the Sacramento River called "The Point" and I had my first fish that wasn't Tuna or fish sticks. It was a tasty piece of Cod.
After that Uncle Paul killed me at cards and we all went to bed early because we were so worn out!

Day 4

We left early in the morning and took the ferry to San Francisco where we met Judy and Jim... who drank an entire bottle of wine and thoroughly entertained us on the trip over!

We took the subway to our hotel, Aida, which I found out was a Hostel. We opened the door to our room and found a bed. One. We had reserved a private bathroom and 2 beds. *gulp* We dropped our bags and had this conversation Me: "well... if you promise not to attack me in the night I'm ok with it" Wyatt: "Maybe I can sleep on the floor. There's space but no blankets." Me: "that's sick. Who knows what's on this floor." Wyatt: "I'll just take BART back to Aunt Judy's and stay there tonight." Me: "Yeah freaking right!!!! You're not leaving me here by myself!!!!"
So we went back to the office and got a new room. Getting back on the elevator I noticed this sign:

Our new room may have had a sock left on top of the phone, a shower full of hair, a sink that looks like it hasn't been cleaned since the building was built, and no screens in the windows (we were on the 6th floor), making it perfect for suicide attempts, but it did have an amazing view from 2 that's right, 2 windows.



We dropped all our stuff off then walked to Chinatown



Then we walked down to the piers and ate here


I had mahi mahi, the best fish I've EVER eaten (considering it's only my second time)
Then we caught the cable cars to Market Street and took the Subway here

The Orpheum theater where we watched Wicked. I am still speechless about its amazing-ness. Seriously.
We got hot chocolate and donuts and walked the streets amongst the homeless until midnight or so then went to bed.

Day 5

We left the hotel bright and early and took the subway down to the Pier where we both bought jackets because the wind was so freaking cold!!! We wandered around Pier 35 for a few hours then went to Alcatraz Island!!!


It's my 2nd time there and I think I liked it even better than the 1st time!!! I highly recommend going if you have a chance! The audio tour is awesome! The voices
are those of the guards and prisoners who were on "The Rock" back in the day.
When we got back to the piers we had clam chowder in famous sourdough bread bowls and walked to Gheradelli Square and didn't buy any chocolate because it is stinking expensive and they tried to kill me when they gave me chocolate that had peanutbutter hiding in it. bleck!!!!
By this time we were getting pretty tired, but Judy, Wyatt's aunt who was supposed to meet us in the city for dinner and take us to her house for the night wasn't answering the phone.
We took a Trolly Car (yes! I finally rode one!!!) back to our hotel to get our bags and trapsed the streets for a few more hours and found an old 50's diner to eat at. Judy finally called at around 9pm and we took the train under the bay to the island of Alameda. This is us at the end of the day...


We got to Alemeda and the whole time Wyatt was talking to his aunts and I was joining in sporatically all I could think was "I wanna take a shower and go to bed! *whine* I just wanna take a shower and go to bed!!!!!" Fianlly that is exactly what I did.
Wyatt had to wake me up the next mornin and I about bit his head off I was so grouchy. I got over it quickly though.
We drove to Sacramento and I met up with Christina Jenkins

One of my VERY FAVORITE companions!!! My head's really not that big... er her's isn't really that small. It's just gotta be the angle. Holy jeez... is my head really that big!?!? *cough cough* I digress.

So we wandered for a few hours then got lost on our way to Wyatt's Uncle Bill's house. We found out then went out and had, no joke, the best Chinese food I have ever eaten in my life!!!! And I found out I hate the smell of red wine. Bleck!!!
Wyatt and I were so tired and ready to be done that we were completely fine with just renting a movie and veging. Ooh and I met a ferret!!! She was awesome and cute. Even though she smelled.

Day 6

We drove home. I slept most of the way as I had been up on the phone with a new friend, He's English *wink wink* until like 5:30. We made a stop in Elko for lunch and dropped off Tiffany's birthday gift, but other than that we drove straight through. Wyatt is incredible.
We had discussed which way to come home and decided on the Evanston rather than Logan route simply because.... well those of you not from Bear Like might not understand, but you know how you see the lake and think "I'm hone!"?? Well, we really wanted to get home and realized that if you come through Logan canyon you see the Lake like 30 minutes before you actually get home. On the other hand, if you go through Evanston you drop down and see the lake and *duh duh duh duh!!!!* you're home! The thought of being tricked we didn't like. So Evanston won.

It was a good trip. It was a GREAT trip!!!! And, Wyatt and I didn't hook up, AND we're still great friends after being together for almost a week straight. Woot woot!!! And I still haven't unpacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment