Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mills Family Christmas Party '10

December is one of my favorite times of year. I like the snow and Christmas and all that, but more importantly ALL my family gets together for our annual Christmas Party!!

We enjoyed sledding down the hill by the house. One of my favorite winter past times is seeing who can make it the farthest down the driveway. Run-ins with the stairs have been associated with this activity.
Making snow angels in the field behind the house. A lot of deer had already been back there, but it was completely free of human tracks.
Snowball fights
Various crafting prep
Someone is always eating at Mom & Dad's house. Something about the house and the environment just makes people hungry!!
Also, there is invariably someone sleeping
Caroling prep
Hot Chocolate after caroling
You want some?
Santa's visit
Look past Kathy, Annie, Mom & Michelle and really look how many people are filling the deck. That's right... EVERYONE!!!
We ran out of clean silverware (again, always eating) so Kayla had to use a big serving fork and Richelle had to use a spoon.
Poor Mom, she gets so tired during these big events and whenever she sits down she usually falls right asleep.
The nativity
Of course people had to take pictures of the newest baby.
I just couldn't help myself when I saw this wig. This is what Elvis would have looked like as a blonde.
The snow was REALLY coming down when it was time to go.

I'm grateful for the Mills family. I'm glad we're all close and can, more or less, stand spending an entire weekend with one another. I'm grateful for Mom & Dad raising us in the gospel, and that we could celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, during the Christmas season together.
I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love!!!!!!! (but change the text color to something other than gray)

    ReplyDelete