Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tis the Season!!

We have a Christmas tree this year!!!
Skylor's Grandma found out we didn't have a tree and she very bossily offered one of hers. If you know Ruby you know exactly what I mean by "bossily."
She is a wonderful, unselfish, giving, opiniated woman. I love her dearly.
She also lent us the star, lights, snow flakes and ornaments.

This is also the first year we've had this. Anthony's siblings gave it to us last year. I wasn't quite sure what it was but he was SO excited. Each little numbered flap is turned around on the corresponding day in December until Christmas. I guess it's a count down. Anyway, Anthony had one as a kid and his sisters made one for us last year, so we can use it this year. At the end of the month I'll take another photo with all the flaps turned over for you to see what it looks like.
We also put out our Nativity set.
Anthony's Dad, Leonard, carved each and every piece, made moldings of each one and made a set for all of his children. Neat huh? You should see the detail on each piece. The sheep's wool, the camel's fur, Mary's dress, the hay in the manger... it is all spectacular. He is one talented man.

Of course I had to pull out my "present pants" to be better prepared for celebrating the season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment