Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Grandma Mills


I was in Ogden at a training and decided to pop over to see Grandma Mills. What was meant to be a 45 minute to hour visit ended up being five hours. I met her at her salon and chatted with her while she got her hair permed. When having her hair rinsed grandma plugged her ears so water wouldn't get inside, she looked so darn cute. When having her hair rinsed she likes it cool, bordering on cold. I think that is funny because, in that situation, I really like my water super hot.

After the salon I drove grandma home, back to the complex she lived in years ago, the one with the sliding glass door in the lobby/main room area, and the ducks in the river. We stopped in to see Aunt Amy then went to dinner with Aunt Penni. Apparently, Penni and I have a lot in common when it comes to Behavior Plans and mental health work. We talked for nearly an hour. That was the first real adult conversation I've ever had with Aunt Penni, I'm glad we got that time to spend together and get to know one another a little better.

I really liked the time I got to spend with Grandma. She and I have always had a special bond... One time I jumped out from behind a curtain and she called me a "little shit" then laughed and laughed because I had scared her so badly.

There's just something about holding grandma's hand, seeing her fiery red hair, and smelling that wonderful Grandma Mills smell. It's just.... happy.

Penni & Doreen were both in town for a few days so Dad went down to SLC and they had some photos taken.

I am SO grateful for family, especially our family. I love them with everything that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment