Monday, November 22, 2010

Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner

It's official, I worry too much, and I can be a mom now. Or at least have a church position that deals with taking care of people, because I just cooked my first Thanksgiving Dinner all by myself!!! I did the turkey, sweet potato pie, deviled eggs (which I forgot to take out), potatoes and gravy, ham, stuffing, fruit salad (which I forgot to take out)... we also had pie that people brought, and Shpretzel... or something like that from Germany.

Compared to last year the presentation was lacking; it looked like we had a lot less food, but the people and conversation was SOSOSOOSOSO much better!!! The pool table worked perfectly as a serving table, and people actually sat next to each other instead of like little wallflowers planted a foot or two between each other. I'm pretty sure this was the best night I've had in a long time!





No comments:

Post a Comment