Saturday, March 20, 2010

....just haven't met him yet

So anyone that knows me also knows that I have an aversion to marriage. Not anyone else's, in general, just my own. The reason? I've never been good at choosing guys who will actually treat me decently and stick around. Lol I'm a big mess-up in that case and we all know it! Also, marriages are falling apart left and right! Over 1/3 of the people I know are either getting divorced, separated, or breaking engagements. According to the Religious Tolerance website, "The Americans for Divorce Reform estimates that 'Probably, 40 or possibly even 50 percent of marriages will end in divorce if current trends continue.'" It also stated that 24% of LDS marriages end in divorce. So.... with these facts staring me in the face, why would I be stupid enough to jump into marriage?

Well, the simple answer is that... I want to.
Gasp. Shock. Holy... what the crap?!
I know, that's what I thought too the first time I realized it! Seriously though! I was watching a movie the other day and the protagonist said "Sometimes I just think it would be really nice to come home and have somebody to hold" (Pride and Prejudice 2003) I initially rolled my eyes and gagged a little to myself, especially since Wickam is a complete Jack!!! But then I thought... you know what... he's right. Because really, "The silence isn't so bad 'Til I look at my hands and feel sad 'Cause the spaces between my fingers are right where [Mr. Right's] fit perfectly" (Owl City Vanilla Twilight). Maybe that's why I never sleep; because I don't want to lie awake and wonder why I'm alone. Lol it sounds pathetic, I know, but it is an honest fear I think. No one wants to tear herself apart bit by bit to find something that is oftentimes unfixable, or non-existant. So yes world, brothers and sisters, and married friends... I admit that I am missing out, and that I do want marriage and babies and blah blah blah... but wanting it doesn't make it come along any faster.

Thankfully I've this song (Click on it, you won't be sorry!!!) that makes me feel better :) Thanks to a special friend for originally mentioning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment